PLEASE COMPLETE OUR CORONAVIRUS SELF-SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE BEFORE YOUR RETURN TO DANCE.
We want the dance experience to be as normal as possible but we do ask that you follow these directions in respect of COVID-19.
DTS COVID-19 POLICY
1. Parents should not send their child to class if they have new, continuous cough, loss of smell or taste or a high temperature.
2. Teachers and assistants should stay at home if they are feeling unwell and either arrange suitable cover or notify the principal as soon as possible.
3. All users should follow signage for entry and exit routes, social distancing and infection control at our venues.
4. All users should use hand sanitisers which are readily available at both venues. Please use on entry.
5. Parents should please ensure students arrive wearing their dance uniform and have a full water bottle.
Students should bring a large ‘bag for life’ with their name on it – to keep all belongings in one place and separate from other students.
6. At Darley Avenue, we will have a limited number of chairs for parents and carers to stay with their children. We ask that families limit the number of adults in attendance to one per family wherever possible. Chairs will be arranged at least 2 metres apart. Tea and coffee will be available in sterilised cups. Parents and staff should wear a mask when indoors unless teaching or eating/drinking.
7. Doors will remain open to improve ventilation.
8. Hand washing is encouraged at every opportunity.
9. All staff have been trained on COVID-19 preventative measures.
10. Students will be allocated space to dance in line with social distancing guidelines. Where possible students will train at least 1.5 metres apart and where possible we will split classes where there are more than 15 in the group. Students may occasionally come together in the main sports hall at Didsbury High School, where there will be at least 3 metres between each student.
11. There will be an assistant at each class who will be responsible for cleaning surfaces (chairs, touch points, ballet barres) between and during each session.
12. Registers are taken at each class and venue so we know exactly who has been in contact with who. In the event of COVID symptoms or a positive test you are advised to stay at home and follow NHS Test and Trace guidelines . We will comply with NHS guidelines, however please rest assured that your details are kept securely with us and we will act in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.
13. At Didsbury High School, parents should drop students at the door and wait outdoors for collection, to assist with social distancing guidelines.
14. In line with Government guidelines, anyone over the age of 11 years must wear a face mask indoors unless participating in or teaching activities.
Full government guidelines can be viewed here.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Updated on 1st December 2020